Articles Comments

CharlotteBanter.com » Archive

St. Patrick’s Day Friends of the Opera Event

St. Patrick’s Day Friends of the Opera Event

Friends of the Opera invites you to Member Bartender Night at the Charlotte City Club Thursday 17 March 2011 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm RSVP 704-334-3200.  Credit cards accepted and 15% of the evening’s charges will be Donated to Opera Carolina.   Everyone’s Irish on March 17th! … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events, Featured

Guns Blazing in Cherryville for New Years!

Guns Blazing in Cherryville for New Years!

New Year’s Shooters It seems kind of weird going from the Opera to the Cherryville Shooters Event.  Here at the Charlotte Banter we try to give you a little taste of all that the Charlotte NC area has to offer. New Years Eve I had made it home safe and sound before the ball dropped bringing in the  2011New Year.  The plan was to get safely home before all the drunk drivers hit the road.  I innocently … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events, Featured, Out and About

Open Rehearsal – La traviata

Open Rehearsal – La traviata

A Special Invitation from Opera Carolina, The Opera Guild of Charlotte and Friends of the Opera Charlotte:  Please join us and listen to the cast of La traviata (the fallen woman) as they rehearse together for the first time.  La traviata, the second opera of our 62nd season, is an opera in three acts by Giuseppe Verdi to a libretto by Franceso Maria Piave based on the play by Alexandre Dumas, fils, La Dame aux Camélias (The Lady of the Camellias).  La … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events, Featured

Where in the QC? (Game 5)

Where in the QC? (Game 5)

Where in the Queen City is this? (Week 5) What’s cooking at The Charlotte Banter?  We have the newest and latest feature to find in the Charlotte NC area.  This guy spends hours watching 100’s of people driving by.  Do you know where he stands?  Be the first to describe his location and win a great prize for all your hard work.  You get major bragging rights and a special treat from our first sponsor! That’s right … Read entire article »

Filed under: Businesses, Contests, Where in the QC?

Where in the QC? (Game 4)

Where in the QC? (Game 4)

Where in the Queen City is this?  (Game 4) This time on the Charlotte Banter I decided to take us to new heights?  On this game of  “Where in the QC?” we are going to focus on water towers.  Now I never notice how many water towers Charlotte has until I took a picture of the first one to add to our game.  You have to find the one residing by this radio/cell phone tower.  The … Read entire article »

Filed under: Contests, Humor, Uncategorized, Where in the QC?

Where in the QC? (Game 3)

Where in the QC? (Game 3)

Where in the QC is This? This week when I was out and about I came across this fish out of the water.  I thought this would be great for the game.  I didn’t know if a bunch of people had a great mailbox like this so I thought it was cool the numbers were included.  That’s right you have to find this fish!  Fish #9312. The way we play the game is simple.  While you are … Read entire article »

Filed under: Contests, Featured, Where in the QC?

Longhorn Game Watch – A&M – Thursday 25 November

Longhorn Game Watch – A&M – Thursday 25 November

Texas Exes – University of Texas Alumni Association Charlotte Network  Fellow Longhorns, Join us at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (DNG) located at 911 E Morehead, the corner of Morehead and McDowell, this Saturday and watch the Horns take on Texas A&M.  Kickoff is 8.00 PM.  Parking tip: turn down McDowell street and turn right on Baxter. There is a big parking lot on the right, which will put you behind DNG. From there it is a short walk. Please email Collin Clark … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events, Featured

It’s all about the Salsa at La Unica (Indian Trail, NC)

It’s all about the Salsa at La Unica (Indian Trail, NC)

It’s all about the Salsa at  La Unica. If you like Mexican restaurants then you know all about the chips and salsa served soon after you are seated.   It is always a gamble when selecting a new Mexican restaurant if they are going to have a great salsa. Some are spicy and others just plain tomatoes with a few other ingredients.  Some are chunky and others are thin and just wet the chip.  I will have to … Read entire article »

Filed under: Featured, Restaurants

Where in the QC? (Game 2)

Where in the QC? (Game 2)

Think you know Charlotte well?  Well take a guess at this weeks “Where in the QC?” I have taken a picture of a feature located off a busy Charlotte  NC street.  See if you can identify where it is.  Looking for the most observant person around. The rules are simple.  I will post a picture that I took.  All my pictures will be of places that thousands of people pass daily and may or … Read entire article »

Filed under: Contests, Featured, Humor, Out and About, Where in the QC?

Longhorn Game Watch – Kansas State

Longhorn Game Watch – Kansas State

Texas Exes – University of Texas Alumni Association Charlotte Network  Fellow Longhorns, Join us at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (DNG) located at 911 E Morehead, the corner of Morehead and McDowell, this Saturday and watch the Horns take on Kansas State.  Kickoff is 8.00 PM.  Parking tip: turn down McDowell street and turn right on Baxter. There is a big parking lot on the right, which will put you behind DNG. From there it is a short walk. Please email Collin Clark … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events

Fun I Spy Contest – Where in the QC? (Queen City)

Fun I Spy Contest – Where in the QC? (Queen City)

Do you think you have been everywhere in the Charlotte and surrounding areas?  Do you notice things around you when you are out and about?  Do you want to receive the bragging rights for being the most observant Charlottean?  Then you need to sign up to be a part of the Charlotte Banter and play our new game called “Where in the QC?” The rules are simple.  I will post a picture that I took.  All … Read entire article »

Filed under: Contests, Featured, Out and About, Where in the QC?

Veteran’s Day Observance – Sharon Memorial Park

Veteran’s Day Observance – Sharon Memorial Park

Come join us for a Veteran’s Day Observance on Tuesday 11 November 2010, 10:00 am.  The location will be at the Garden of Honor in Sharon Memorial Park.  The Garden of Honor is dedicated to those who have bravely served our country and features a granite monument and a flag pole from which flies the Killed in Action Memorial Flag and the POW/MIA flag. The program will include bagpipe music courtesy of Dave McKenzie, the Pledge … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events

Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes

Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes

SCI and the Dignity Memorial® network is a National Strategic Partner of the American Diabetes Association.  That means, as a network of providers, we have joined the fight against diabetes, a life-altering disease that affects millions of people in the U.S.  We believe that by joining together, we can positively impact the lives of people living with and fighting diabetes. It is time to get ready to walk!  Step Out is right around the corner!  We … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events

Longhorn Game Watch – Baylor

Longhorn Game Watch – Baylor

Texas Exes – University of Texas Alumni Association Charlotte Network  Fellow Longhorns, Join us at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (DNG) located at 911 E Morehead, the corner of Morehead and McDowell, this Saturday and watch the Horns take on Baylor.  Kickoff is 7.00 PM.  Parking tip: turn down McDowell street and turn right on Baxter. There is a big parking lot on the right, which will put you behind DNG. From there it is a short walk. Please email Collin Clark at … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events, Featured

BLGT and Cajun Meatloaf at DISH

BLGT and Cajun Meatloaf at DISH

I had plans that night on eating somewhere else.  I made a wrong turn and decided to head towards downtown Charlotte.  There is an area just outside of the center of the city called Plaza/Midwood. Here you will find Thomas Avenue.  I like Thomas Avenue on a weekend night because you never know what will be going on.  There are a couple of art galleries and some shops that stay open late.  This past weekend you … Read entire article »

Filed under: Restaurants