Out and About: Super G International Market /Charlotte NC

Super GTarget:  Super G International Market
Location:  7323 E Independence Blvd, Charlotte NC 28227
What’s There:  This is the place to go shopping for those hard to find unique ingredients when you are cooking International recipes or you are bored and want to check out something different.

One of the 2013 new year’s resolutions we had made this year was to experiment with different cuisines. We didn’t know what type of cuisines we wanted to experiment with. Just something new. Something different.  ‘As your mother tells you, and my mother certainly told me, it is important, to try new things.’ Why not? We’ll see what catches our eye once inside.

DurianSuper G Mart on East Independence Boulevard in Charlotte was our modus operandi location. Admittedly we didn’t know precisely what we would pick up, because we knew we wouldn’t know what we would do with it once we got home. A Korean Radish the size of an American football. Ever try Durian? King of the Fruits as far as Southeastern Asian cuisine is concerned. Hey, there must be something to it if a famous architectural structure in Singapore holds a similar name.

Trying something different is also sampling such delicacies as (Literal meanings, yes):  Beef Tongue, Duck Head, Pork Front Hind Feet, Fresh and Dried Squid, Chicken Feet, Quail Eggs, Sea Eel – again fresh and dried, and Bull Fries. The Fries in this instance are… testicles. Well, some of us like beef liver. All of us like chicken wings. Why not? Almost forgot to mention the Brazilian Log Wood. Log Wood in this case containing herbal and medicinal qualities.

Wow.

Beef Tongue

Beef Tongue

A small fib was told. We did have a goal upon arriving here, sushi wraps and Rock Candy.  Not the rock candy you find in the five and dime shop. The rock candy required for a Vietnamese Pho Soup.

Now that we know what Super G holds, we can go home, bookmark special recipes that may require some of the aforementioned ingredients, and return when we know what we will need.

And if even if we still can’t decide, there is a Korean delicatessen in the back that will allow us to order what looks appetizing using some of the special ingredients the aisles contain.

— GW plus

If you know an interesting and unique place that we should feature here on the Charlotte Banter then contact us and tell us about it.  We want to promote our local businesses.  We love visiting little hole in the wall places, places you would never guess we had and finding Charlotte’s hidden secrets is what we want to be.  Join us on out next out and about adventure and see where we end up.

Frozen Duck Head

Frozen Duck Head

Check out the fresh eel on top!

Check out the fresh eel on top!

Herbs and Greens

Herbs and Greens

All types of mushrooms

All types of mushrooms

This was a big as a football

This was a big as a football

Log Wood - I wouldn't burn this

Log Wood – I wouldn’t burn this

Can I have seconds on the Bull Fries? NOT!

Can I have seconds on the Bull Fries? NOT!

Pork Front Hind Feet?

Pork Front Hind Feet?

Beans and stuff I can't even say.

Beans and stuff I can’t even say.

I see you squid looking at me

I see you squid looking at me

These would not fit on or in the stove.

These would not fit on or in the stove.

Fresh Fish – Comes complete with that kinda fishy smell

Dried Squid
Dried Squid
Stick Man Fish Cakes

Stick Man Fish Cakes

Didn't expect these in the grocery.  Not for private use.

Didn’t expect these in the grocery. Not for private use.

Rice, Rice and did I say Rice?

Rice, Rice and did I say Rice?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Written by

Filed under: Businesses, Independence Blvd, Out and About

  1. henry says:

    WHEN YOU SEE THE OWNERS SMOKING IN FRONT OF THE STORE AND THROW THE CIG IN THE PARKING LOT INFRONT OF COUSTMERS YOU WONDER HOW CLEAN THE STORE CAN BE BY THE WAY I SAID SOMETHING TO THEM THEY JUST SMILE THE CHINESE WAY

  2. stacy@gmail.com says:

    Super a mart on Independence has the worst Manager. He is very rude. You need someone more professional and know what they are doing and saying. He has a bad temper. Very bad for business.

We want your Banter! Tell us what you have on your mind!