Articles Comments

CharlotteBanter.com » Archive

Longhorn Game Watch – Baylor

Texas Exes – University of Texas Alumni Association Charlotte Network  Fellow Longhorns, Join us at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (DNG) located at 911 E Morehead, the corner of Morehead and McDowell, this Saturday and watch the Horns take on Baylor.  Kickoff is 7.00 PM.  Parking tip: turn down McDowell street and turn right on Baxter. There is a big parking lot on the right, which will put you behind DNG. From there it is a short walk. Please email Collin Clark at … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events, Featured

BLGT and Cajun Meatloaf at DISH

BLGT and Cajun Meatloaf at DISH

I had plans that night on eating somewhere else.  I made a wrong turn and decided to head towards downtown Charlotte.  There is an area just outside of the center of the city called Plaza/Midwood. Here you will find Thomas Avenue.  I like Thomas Avenue on a weekend night because you never know what will be going on.  There are a couple of art galleries and some shops that stay open late.  This past weekend you … Read entire article »

Filed under: Restaurants

Friends of the Opera Event

Friends of the Opera Event

Friends of the Opera invites you to Member Bartender Night at the Charlotte City Club Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:30 – 7:30 pm Featuring member bartenders Nick Dockery and Terry Scott RSVP 704-334-3200                                                                   15% of the evening’s charges will be Credit cards accepted Donated to Opera Carolina … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events

Longhorn Game Watch – Iowa State

Longhorn Game Watch – Iowa State

Texas Exes – University of Texas Alumni Association Charlotte Network  Fellow Longhorns, Join us at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (DNG) located at 911 E Morehead, the corner of Morehead and McDowell, this Saturday and watch the Horns take on Iowa State.  Kickoff is 12.00 PM.  Parking tip: turn down McDowell street and turn right on Baxter. There is a big parking lot on the right, which will put you behind DNG. From there it is a short walk. Please email Collin Clark … Read entire article »

Filed under: Events, Featured

Halloween 1939 Ford

Halloween 1939 Ford

I wanted to share this spooky Ford parked outside a store in Gaston County. Don’t be fooled this car actually starts and will leave you in the dust. The pictures do not give this car the respect it deserves.  Anyone want to guess the model? … Read entire article »

Filed under: Out and About